Why Hire an Architect
- Services Available from Architects
- Get Started with an Architect
The best way to begin a new project is for you–the owner–to reflect on what you bring to it: knowledge, experience, needs, desires, aspirations, and personal opinions. You also provide the resources to realize your expectations. Naturally, every owner starts from a different outlook. Some have had vast experience with design and construction and know what they want and how to go about getting it. Many owners have much less experience.
- You and Your Architect
Design and construction are inherently exciting. There are few things more satisfying than a successful project. The secret to success lies in the professional, business, and personal relationships between owner and architect. You and Your Architect provides guidance on how to establish and benefit from those relationships.
- 20 Questions to Ask Your Architect
- Consumers Guide to Hiring an Architect
Are you thinking about hiring an architect? Consumers and businesses often wish to construct or modify sites, buildings, or other structures. The best approach is to hire an architect to plan, design, and observe the construction of these projects.
- Design is Good Business
There hundreds of contract documents that can be used relative to the design or project that an architect works on with a homeowner. Below are just a few of the most commonly used documents out of hundreds available and can be purchased or viewed at www.aiacontracts.org:
Choose from 180+ industry standard construction contracts and forms
- Architects Consultant Agreement: https://www.aiacontracts.org/contract-documents/25156-architect-consultant-agreement
- Owner and Contractor Agreement: https://www.aiacontracts.org/contract-documents/25121-owner-contractor-agreement
- Work Changes Proposal Request: https://www.aiacontracts.org/contract-documents/18951-work-changes-proposal-request
- Architect’s Supplemental Instructions: https://www.aiacontracts.org/contract-documents/18966-architects-supplemental-instructions
- Owner and Contractor Short Form of Agreement: https://www.aiacontracts.org/contract-documents/25126-owner-contractor-agreement—small-projects-edition