- City of Ventura – Ventura County Fairgrounds at Miners Building (Red Cross – Includes an Animal Shelter for all types of animals) – 10 W Harbor Blvd, Ventura, CA 93001
- City of Ojai – Nordhoff High School (Red Cross) -1401 Maricopa Hwy, Ojai, CA 93023
- City of Oxnard – Oxnard College Gymnasium (Red Cross)- Open 12/5/17, 0700
- City of Santa Paula – Santa Paula Community Center (City of SP run shelter) – Open 0800
- City of Fillmore – Veteran’s Memorial Bldg (City of Fillmore run shelter), 511 2nd Street – Will be open 12/6/17, 0800 hrs
- UC Santa Barbara – Santa Barbara Multi Activity Center, 552 University Road, Santa Barbara, CA
The Emergency Alert System (EAS) includes every radio and TV station as well as all cable companies in Ventura County. They are networked together to provide emergency related information in times of severe weather or other disaster.
Following are the primary local EAS stations:
- KVTA 1590 AM
- KHAY 100.7 FM
- KMLA 103.7 FM (Spanish)
Animal Evacuation Locations:
VENTURA COUNTY ANIMAL SERVICES – ACCEPTING all animals impacted by the fire.
600 Aviation Drive, Camarillo, CA 93010
VENTURA COUNTY FAIRGROUNDS – FULL
EARL WARREN SHOWGROUNDS
3400 Calle Real, Santa Barbara, CA 93015
VENTURA COUNTY HUMANE SOCIETY
ACCEPTING all animals impacted by the fire. Can accept animals until full.
402 Bryant Street Ojai, CA (805) 646-6505
(Please call ahead to be sure they can accept your pet.)